Monday, March 19, 2012

squirrels flowers and sunshine

It's a Monday, but it doesn't feel like it. In fact, it feels like a Saturday morning..or a Sunday morning. 
I woke up bright and early, with a clear mind, with gratitude in my heart--feeling pretty great. 


There are days when you wake up just in the right wavelength.  And that is how i feel today.  Feeling this way makes me want to radiate "goodness" back and sunshine and colors and smiles. Just like that wise yoga sutra says (yes, i'm just throwing it out there..casually, because i'm paraphrasing) that/who establishes ahimsa (non-violence) will be free of hostilities around him.  And it's so true.


Have you ever walked around with a light heart, a little sweet smile on your face and twinkle in your eye, and then people just sort of smile back at you? or even dare to say "hello" or "have a nice day"?  Proof, my friends!  


So today the sun in shining, the air is warm, birds are chirping away, squirrels are having a party, and OH MY GOD the magnolia trees are just magnificent! As i was having my stroll in the park, I literally had to stop and admire such a beauty.  I stood by the tree, sniffed the flowers like a curious little puppy (so arousing) and just stood there some more.  A gift of nature.  


Walked some more...in the sun, down mysterious pathways, around the lake down Central Park, then headed to the pavement streets and bought myself some nice fresh vegetables and flowers.  Flowers to myself. 


I came home, had a lovely conversation with my mother, cooked myself lunch: a spicy colorful stew of mung beans and vegetables, topped with aromatic fresh basil from my windowsill plant.  


How can life not be insanely beautiful and magnificent? 


I'm in love...


Fía.



No comments:

Post a Comment