Monday, March 12, 2012

Green Gold!

I recently had a conversation with my mother where I expressed to her the strange feeling i was having of being OK. I was in tears, happy tears, cathartic tears of admitting that i was feeling OK and that it was OK to feel OK. 
When i put that down in writing I just can't help reacting surprised.  
Somehow, somewhere I got the engrained in my mind and body that feeling OK was not enough, or should be unattended.  It's so much more interesting to always have a "but" or a :"ehh, could be better". Actually taking the moment to assess and contain contentment is too much, kinda worthless.  
It's complete nonsense.  It's illogical. It's unnatural. It's destructive behavior. 


So, yes...i was in tears, but my how released i felt. AND. NOT. GUILTY. 
I must (we must) stop this absurd thought of living a life of mechanical productivity, robotic actions and idiotic competition with ourselves and others. 


The grass is not greener on the other side--why don't you smell, touch, admire and thank this one?
Resting is OK and an incredible opportunity for discovery and creativity. 
Ask the question: why am i doing this? Do i need this? 
There is no one-way road, living is not mechanical.  It should be fulfilling, gratifying: acting with love and responsibility. 


We've established a mono-culture of the mind.  Things and people have lost their meaning in life, their original self.  We've become products. Products with an expectation of ridiculous results. 


Now here is a outstanding interview for you to watch! Vandana Shiva, physicist and international activist enlightens us with her great knowledge and beautiful words on taking care of our planet. 
I believe everyone should see this. 




She gives us so many treasures to reflect upon: 
Humanity, caring, love, compassion. 


She touches my soul deeply when she speaks about the journey of life-- being and acting from the true Self, which provides me and others love, happiness, and is incredibly gratifying.  


The road I choose to travel is not a one-way road, I drive the chariot and I will act with love and responsibility. 


YOGA SŪTRA 2.1-- "tapah svādhyāya īśvaraprānidhānani kriya yoga"
     (Yoga of action: effort, purification; inquiry, self-study, reflection; offering, devotion)


-Fía.  

No comments:

Post a Comment