Saturday, March 31, 2012

A little prayer from the world of dreams...

Last night I had a night to myself. A night for myself.  A night with myself.  
I was tired, listened to that, and responded accordingly.  I've mentioned before how i'm an "abuela" (and my utmost respect to all the abuelitas out there!).  And i call myself abuela because i'm guessing an abuela's life illustrates what i'm trying to communicate.  Anyway, my point is that winding down early, winding down peacefully, surrounded by calm and safety nourishes my soul.  
It's where i am now.  I've done the high-energy, outgoing, intense nightlife--there are times when some of that feels quite good too-- but right now i'm enjoying the calmness, the slowness of evenings, disconnecting to technology early, reading, and surrendering to my life of dreams. 
I've been sleeping so well lately! 
You know when you gently wake up somewhere in the middle of the night, eyelids still closed, roll to the other side or maybe accommodate your head in your pillow, and then happily you experience the "ohh, this is wonderful. This feels so good"?  It's been happening to me a lot.  


Today i woke up nice and early, as i have been doing and love, and the day was gray, dark.  But then, all of a sudden i noticed: "hey! i don't feel down, i don't feel gray".  It would be so easy and mechanical to bury my head under the pillow, build a shield with my covers and just connect with low frequency and negativity.  
Previous to this acknowledgment of my state of being, I had the following experience:


I found myself (putting it down in words makes me realize it might be a bit weird) lying on my back, raising my arms to the ceiling and saying "thank you".  Seriously! I. AM. NOT. KIDDING. 
Literally, saying it. 
Mind you, this was 6:40am and I was just waking up.  But i caught myself doing this which then made me:
a) smile
b) giggle a little (out of surprise, not judging)
c) take a deep breath in and then once again continue with that impulse and own a "thank you".
d) smile again. 


Isn't that beautiful? 
Yes. My surroundings today are a little low in light, the air feels cooler, but I know i have a shining sun inside me and i CHOOSE to link to that.  My actions are born from my heart sun and the sunshine feels warm, bright, positive. I say thank you beaming rays of soleil!


Proceded with a cleansing shower and my daily morning yoga practice, ending with Gayatri (to the sun) chanting and prānayāma breathing. Then a warm nourishing breakfast.  Now writing listening, sensing, bossa nova percolating my system.  "Adeus, adeus, adeus..." (Toquinho y Vinicius)


I want to share an amusing video today.  I watched it last night.  I got to it casually and it made me smile, laugh, it touched me a lot.  This lady gives a brief sweep of her life, of her art, of her soul--and it just filled me with beauty. There is so much wisdom behind, in front, around, within this woman.  She incarnates art, she incarnates dharma (vocation, her destiny, duty), she incarnates life and makes me cherish life.  Maybe she was part of the reason why i woke up this morning reaching up to the sky giving thanks.
And she is so funny!  
We are surrounded by beauty, we have so much, we are so privileged and we are ultimately amazing beings. 
THANK YOU. 


** Eva Zeisel



No comments:

Post a Comment