Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hello, 
Hola,
Buenos días!


To be quite honest, i don't know what i'm doing starting a blog.  It seems so cliché...everybody is doing it, and frankly i don't even follow blogs or care much about them...really.  It looks like it's all about "me, me, me", with a little touch of ego--where there's a desire to sound/read as interesting or artsy or clever or witty as possible. 


Well that's not why I'm doing it.  This is more like a space for me to write down what is going on in my mind, body, soul-- cuz we are more than just rational thinking minds.  I know i am, because there is usually a lot going on beyond my mind and thoughts.  


De hecho-- ok, so i'm making a huge parenthesis here, i'm Chilena which means my first language is Spanish.  Yes, because Chile is in South America.  I'm just clearing it out because i've gotten questions like: "so, what part of Africa?" or "oh...so, um..you speak French."  Getting back in track: Chile, South America, Spanish.  However, i've been living in New York for almost 3 years, learned English growing up in school, so i'm this hybrid creature that thinks in English with Spanish interruptions, and vice versa. 
So, that's is what is going to happen.  A bilingual blog. 


So, why start a blog? What is a blog anyway? Just write down my thoughts? Share information? Post events? Advertise? 


All of the above, i guess. 
I don't know! I don't really want to know.  I'll just let it happen.


Which is what is currently happening with my life, and i'm starting to love it.  Be in control, but not obsessing about it.  Allowing space.  What a beautiful word: space.  We all need space, in every sense of the word, in all levels, colors, dimensions.  It's scary.  I've been scared.  However, i've discovered that fear is just a creeping monster that when it is truly dealt with is pretty much nonsense.  Noise...ruido...like when you're trying to find a radio station and the sound is not clear, there is all this "interferencia", until boom! you hit the right place and the sound is crystal clear.  Fear is just that disturbing noise, I shall and will struggle with it, but I'll never stop searching for that crystal clear spot of tuned frequency because it is there for me to find.  
So space is necessary to assess, reflect, and evaluate.  From a place of truth.  No evading.
Is this blog, then, a new tool for space? Wow, hadn't thought of that before...my instincts just made it happen!  


Something to study upon...Svādhyāya.


Ando como hormiguita-- a little ant crawling into little places, tickling where in my path.  I am pretty strong, i work hard.  But really, i chose to name it because i couldn't get the song Ando Como Hormiguita de Silvio Rodriguez out of my head.  Maybe something else my instincts are telling me. 


This ended up being longer than what i intended, and i guess this was somewhat of an introduction to this journey. 
I'll post daily, therefore read me, read me not, i'll "be here".  

It's beautiful out. 
Going out for a walk. 


Fía.  



2 comments:

  1. I like it!! (yo quise hacer uno y no me atreví)
    I`ll read u daily to feel u closer.
    I`m a little bilingüe now, so i can follow you.
    Te amo amiga, te extraño y ya quiero que estés de vuelta.
    Besitos.
    Ah! I like que sea rosado,jaja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vane, hermosa!
    Perdona por no contestar antes!
    GRACIAS POR TU MENSAJITO Y TU AMOR!

    i love you!
    I love you!
    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete