Saturday, March 10, 2012

Life



Esta creatura bella, maravillosa, que crece y crece es mi queridísima sobrina.  The power of life, the beauty of creation.  How can it not be miraculous? How can there be no divinity involved?  


That little creature is right now breathing, moving, growing...it's little heart beating and getting ready to share with us her amazing self.  


When i look at that, how can i not want the best for this world? The best for her, for all of us, for thousands of criaturitas that are on her same journey? 


That brings me to an important concept presented in Patañjali's Yoga Sutra: "ahimsa".  Non-violence. 
It's tough to discuss it separately to the rest of Patañjali's teaching of yoga, but it is something that has personally touched me deeply in my soul.  


Non-violence.  Like the common analogy or image of removing the veil of ignorance or unawareness, that is how i've been feeling.  I see so much violence around me.  How we treat each other, how we speak to each other, our thoughts, how we treat our planet, how we treat ourselves!  Oh, and i'm no exception.  


So if we can:
a) Be good to ourselves and each other, or
b) Continue with our habits of violence and destruction, acting blindly not caring for consequences


why would be ever choose option B? 
I've been given the option.  I have those two pills offered in front of me.  What pill will i swallow? 


Our actions matter.  Every single little action.  Cada granito de arena cuenta, y juntos formaremos una playa maravillosa. 


Do not harm (ahimsa), do not contribute to violence.  What happened to the original respectful relationship with the universe? The trade of giving and receiving? The concept of seeing yourself as a part of nature?  The admiration of the universal law of creation? Of cherishing? Saving? Caring? Dedication?


(The era of "disposable"- "replaceable" ---ahh! SCARY)


I want to treat others and myself--yes, start with myself-- kindly.  It has brought me to tears how we treat the creatures in our planet! With what abuse! With what malice, violence!  It has brought me to tears when i see the meat/livestock industry.  That's why i'm now vegetarian. 
- sé que puede traer alarma a mi familia, alarma or turn off major meat eaters, pero es lo que creo, what i believe in.  For the planet, for myself.  It actually has allowed me to move forward, freely, and be stronger on my recovery. 
Ahimsa
Ahimsa
Ahimsa, non-violence, to all the punishment and cruelty i've done to myself.  Years of torture y años de abuso, carencia y maltrato.  Now i see, violencia hacia lo que fui, soy y puedo ser. 
Ahimsa to all cruelty that is taking place to animals.  It's painful, it's ugly, it's terrifying.  I don't want that in my system of life.  (it's like smoking--sorry smokers! sorry Ma!) Es veneno. 


Qué desconectados, how disconnected, estamos con lo que consumimos .  We are creating a greater and greater disconnect to one of the main basic primitive actions of nourishment: to the earth, to others and to ourselves. And this goes beyond just food. 


What pill will you take? 


Our world is so beautiful, you are so beautiful, we have so much potential.  All i know is that i want to be the best i can, i want the world to be the best it can for that little creature growing in my sisters belly.  
Ahimsa, my friends...


TODAY'S VIDEO SHARING:
a) Stella McCartney's PETA speech shining a light on animal treatment.  CHECK IT OUT!
b) Get inspired by this OUTSTANDING presentation of our universe! It is truly phenomenal.  









No comments:

Post a Comment