Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cambio de Pellejo



I love that saying: cambiar de pellejo. Goes beyond just saying "changing skin". It has a more direct, raw, deeper (maybe even animalistic?) sense to the idea of change. 
The image that comes to mind is a snake. Not very original, I know, but it just makes me think of this creature cleaning off entirely. Sliding through the ground, scratching itself against a tree branch and slowly peeling away...almost turning inside out. 
I used to play with liquid glue, spread a thin layer over my palm, wait for it to dry off and then peel it carefully. The bigger the pieces, the better. Oh it would give me such pleasure! 
I'm peeling off. And it's giving me great pleasure. 
I'm not sure if snakes (which are creatures I particularly do not like) feel any pain through this process, and I certainly did not feel any with my glue game; however I believe there is some degree of pain as we experience deep profound changes in life.
It's like a fever--break it out, sweat it out, and then there's release. 
As a seed that will eventually become a flower--there are some dark, lonely, underground times. But then you breath through the earth and there is air, sunlight and a sky of possibilities.
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly".




My road has been rough, dark and tiring. But it's no time to dwell on that any longer. It's time to be here now, deal with what is the now and take action towards what I want to be and want to go. 
That's new. I've struggled on healing, moving forward, owning myself, but getting stuck in the mud of regret, guilt and the no-no's...which was once again bringing me back underground.
That's the point where the shift of frequency must take place, the release, the breaking out. I've been heating up the water and not letting it boil and transform! 
Epiphany?
Epiphany!

I'm ready to boil, I'm boiling baby! I feel the stamina, strength and will to do so. 
I don't particularly like all of me right now--but hey! I see it now! I don't and won't hate any longer. I clean my mirror daily, look at myself and say "I love you. You are the best. You deserve the best".  Literally. I do. 

I feel surrounded by beauty, and i feel my beauty from within. I've made a pledge on not looking back, 
I've set my heart on love. 
I will not break my promise on living each day consciously towards the best i can be. 
I will take care of myself. 
I humbly give thanks to all i have and will walk the road of light and peace. 

**Fly Little Wing (hit PLAY!)


--Fía.
Well she's walking through the clouds
With a circus mind that's running round
Butterflies and zebras
And moonbeams and fairy tales
That's all she ever thinks about
Riding with the wind.

When I'm sad, she comes to me
With a thousand smiles, she gives to me free
It's alright she says it's alright
Take anything you want from me,
anything.

Fly on little wing,
Yeah yeah, yeah, little wing

No comments:

Post a Comment