Sunday, May 20, 2012

Slow down, Handmade

This weekend's special element (to acknowledge and express gratitude): Rhythm.  
More specific, slow rhythm.  
We are submerged in times when everything is demanded with urgency, things must be obtained with immediate result(s), the bridge between demand and supply must be shortened, EXPRESS EXPRESS EXPRESS-GO-GO-GO!!!
how can we make things cheaper? faster?!


I say stop. 
Stop.  Just stop. 
Where are you heading?  
Not only physically where are your current steps taking you? But, what is your direction? 
Lets take quantity out of the equation--or maybe place it in parenthesis-- and take a look at quality.  
Quality of action.
Click! Suddenly a magical spectacle of lightbulbs illuminating significant concepts become apparent: ***mindfulness, awareness, intention, goodness, kindness, gratitude, creation, connection, dedication...and a whole lotta power!***

We hold in our hands great power to supply, encourage, create and build wonderful things! 
Daring to connect with ourselves, 
           allowing to listen, 
                  giving space to silence and inquiry, 
                       discovering our inner voice, inner Self.  
-->Brené Brown eloquently examines and communicates the power of vulnerability--the beauty of living life with openness, courage and truth. (http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html)


All things are subject to change, we hold in our hands the magnificent potential and possibility to experience a life of beauty.  


Let me stick to my title: slow down, handmade. 
So this weekend I indulged in the sweet taste of "slowness".  Usually misinterpreted, massively discarded and wrongly judged--"it's too slow, dammit!!!" 
Creating takes time. 
Change takes time. 
Comprehension takes time.  
Healing takes time. 
Yet time is relative, and that is how i wish to refer to it today--as just time.  Not with a measuring stick.  Forget seconds, forget minutes, hours, days, weeks, years, centuries, etc.  Maybe more like moments of presence.  Moments of mindfulness, dedication, breaths--again, it comes back to quality of actions, in a state of awareness. 
In order to express myself better I classify this weekend's time as "slow", but could also be regarded as "not rushed".  Simple, where the equal-sign (=) of results and expectations surrender to just the journey--which is much more, if not completely, significant. 


I had the pleasure to feel and appreciate it consciously this weekend.  And it all made so much sense.  The flow of things, the life I intend to construct, my direction.  Simple kind of life.  At times it seems like swimming against the river's current, but upstream...over there is where I want to go.  
I held illuminating, heart-felt, courageous, inspiring conversations.  Sharing moments with souls that understand me: from an online-webcammed phone call to several after lunch/dinner tête-à-tête's...
co-creating a new brave world. 
This weekend I felt pure contentment, this weekend I opened my heart, this weekend I witnessed humanity's beauty, strength and courage.  This weekend I experienced with divine beings wonderfulness.  I connected and we created.  
Handmade. 
Handmade creations, 
quality of action.  
Priceless.
How can that be valued?
How can it be measured?
Why should/could it, but only with our hearts? 


I'm not sweet-talking here, it is practical.  Possible. Do-able. 
Breaking old paradigms, cracking mis-fit brain structures.
The New Revolution of Back to Basics. 


Ask questions. 


--Fía.

No comments:

Post a Comment