Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dharma

Yesterday I had my first Skype meeting with my yoga teacher, and it was a true experience of love.  Love, the name I give to that which allows creation, which nourishes and feeds the soul.  
Love, the great heart that provides blood of life and pumps the blood through the veins of life towards the organs of human kindness and possibilities. 


Leaving my "poetic" expression, my humble analogies, I would have to simply say that I felt inspired and truly connected to "focus", "balance" and "purpose".  
All these terms are part of what--and how--I would define "dharma".  Dharma is sometimes understood and explained as duty, responsibility. However I believe it goes beyond that definition.  To dharma there is also purpose, connectivity, balance, love, purpose, devotion.  Duty just seems too harsh and too much of a "task".  Just as work usually holds this connotation of negativity of tiredness, obligation...even sometimes lack/loss of freedom.  
"I work...but to get some time off..." I've heard that quite often. 


Responsibility is the little sister of work too.  Has a bad rep.  For having responsibility implies commitment, implies connection, implies dedication, implies caring, implies knowledge and awareness of action-reaction. I, on the other hand, believe that it entails great power and great beauty.  What better than to know, trust and cherish the fact that what I intend, what I do, withholds consequences and will bring forth creation...? 
My seeds will eventually germinate, sprout, bloom! 


I wish to switch that paradigm around.  I am constantly working on it...because trust me, it ain't easy!


I'm wired, programmed, into this rational system that is sadly dominating most of the world.  Where utility, productivity, result-based actions, competition, and the constant search for perfection are our pillars to "success"...or what might be worst, conformity. A veil that is blinding us all. 


I would have to conclude that "conformity" is probably the word I like the least. To not say dislike.  
And I love words. 


Conformity. Compliancy. To go along with.  To follow convention. To be conventional.  To fit in. 
I actually looked it up.
Now, there is nothing wrong with all these ideas..nothing is really wrong or right by principle.  It's just the behavior, the attitude of conformity towards important events that need "dealing with" that unsettle me. 
Responsibility is the enemy of conformity.  As I just heard in a powerful, enlightening speech, it is the enemy to Resignation. 


Now look back into dharma.  We all have a specific dharma.  I can't speak for the world.  I speak for myself: it is up to me to discover, explore and follow my dharma.  
It is not a punishment or jail sentence of life--on the contrary! it is freedom and great power.  Great possibility to do. 
My conversation with my teacher reinforced my spirit, my Self, with the thought that if it all comes from a place of goodness (as in lovingkindness), then there is nothing to fear--leave "failure", "error", "bad" out.  
I shall list certain ideas that spring out of this understanding, out of this belief: 


* Seek and do what you believe you must do NOW: it is a journey that must be lived and experienced. 
   Details will come, it will all come clear over time. 


* Life is calling to participate, so join! 


* Something has been asked, there is a NEED to respond.  Let go of doubt, it doesn't exist.  
   This response comes from the present moment, from the center, from the heart, from practice.   
   NOT from old patterns, habits, rationalizing and/or seeking perfect. 


* If you take care of dharma, dharma will take care of you.  Trust.
   If you come from a good place, you'll discover.  That's all. That's enough. 
   You might zig-zag, take long turns, but you'll always be moving in direction of dharma.  
   If you take care of dharma, dharma will take care of you. 




---> A recommended interview that might just open your perception! 
       HIT PLAY!





No comments:

Post a Comment