Tuesday, May 22, 2012

BREATH



It's been so lovely to open up to God!
God and the divine power, which i know exists.  
God is inside me, God is part of me, God is in my breath, it lives inside me. 
God is life and I am part of life. 
God is life and everyone, everything, is life. 


I shall not lie when I say that there are morning when I wake up beaten up.  Either my dreams or just thoughts sometimes create "fluctuations of mind", making my road kinda' bumpy and scattered, but connecting to the divinity of life--the gift of every new day-- brings back focus and direction. 
I call that yoga.


There were times when my practice was a mechanical routine, a repetition of movements that were not quite the steps towards connection and ultimately life.  I could sense inside me a "void" with what was taking place on my mat.  
Life's journey has taken me on a different road now.  Today. 
I've discovered-connected- Krishnamacharya, Desikachar, Dolphi, Patañjali...the list is somewhat endless..it could be boiled down all to breath.  The significance of breath. 
I'm at a moment where my practice is allowing me to experience/sense/feel (whole-heartedly) an inner strength, a possibility of focus, that is quite empowering.


I thank my teacher for my practice, I'm also proud of my dedication to it.  For those beaten up mornings, after my practice, I then breathe into the day differently-- Gāyātri (sun) is with me.  I can feel my being as a part of something bigger, better. 
How important it has been to grant myself the time and space to set and guide intentions! 
Sit in silence and breathe,
Sit and chant.
Today's rhythm wouldn't necessarily agree with that.  


I believe in my God,
I believe in the beautiful God inside me.  
(i shall, hence, burn the seeds of shame)
I believe in my breath.


I approach,
remain,
surrender to God.


--Fía

No comments:

Post a Comment