Sunday, May 6, 2012

LINK

Today has been another day of great inspiration.  It is hard for me to find words to fully express all the thoughts, feelings and sensations that I've been experiencing throughout the last months, weeks, days. I say it is difficult because although language (written and spoken) is key for communication and connection, the element of feeling--the indescribable, intangible "stuff"/substance/energy-- is always hard to pinpoint and provide. You just feel it.

I want to take a micro step back, and reflect upon what I've just mentioned: the "stuff". I believe that it is the basic, most essential element and power that we possess as living creatures. We are not just mental, rational thinking beings. We have the godly power and beautiful capacity to experience, sense, perceive and FEEL--from  physical situations of our own personal every day lives, to what is happening in our surroundings to others. The power of connection lies in our ability of compassion, to feel with the heart.

Compassion lies in opening up, lies in vulnerability, lies in the heart, lies in love...not solely in mind. Mind and heart work together. They co-exist and flow in unison: building, feeding, creating love and ultimately life. 

So I sit and wonder. I wonder- -there is an element of questioning as well as amazement to the beauty of the working of things-- I am alive.  That is a given: I am here, right now, cross-legged sitting in my kitchen table, breathing, with a beating heart pumping blood to my heart. I can see, hear, smell, taste, touch. I can think, I can feel. 
How am I living? And then comes the key to it all...the key word: choice.  Choice in my intentions, choice in my attitudes, choice in my beliefs, choice in my actions, choice. Choice with what I link.  In this vast universe there is a boundless, limitless, endless pool of possibilities. In fact they already exist. They are there. Beating, pulsating. It is the reality that I choose to link with what makes it my reality. The beauty of it is that it is not fixed or unchangeable...wonder strikes again (jaw-opened wonder, fascination, inspiration). 

Life is wonder-ful.

I've mentioned this before, and it is something I practice on daily and full-heartedly: link on the positive, love, today. I repeat this, share it, and now set my intentions on today and my chosen reality TODAY, because I've just recently come to realize that by focusing on: "what I've been doing in the past", filling my being with messages of "let go of this, let go of that", identifying the "do not's", etc...I was still linking to that reality. Therefore, ultimately no shift.
 Many lineages of thought, philosophies, religions speak of this phenomenon. I've been reading, listening, reflecting, and sharing upon some. 
Yoga has been my pillar and light to my personal experience. I am forever grateful. 

TKV Desikachar: "As we continue our practice, we begin to see the possibilities of higher linkage of mind and spirit... Recognizing our responsibilities and intentions, pursuing them with faith is the guide to the linkage that takes us to the higher levels of experience."

I acknowledge the path I've traveled, and I am grateful, for it has led me to where I am today. 
A second lilium in my flower vase bloomed, cracked open today.

Today I woke up to a cloudy gray Sunday.  I practiced my morning practice, setting my intentions, chanting to the Sun. Midday: the great star cracked open in the sky, bathing us with light and warmth.  I am with my flower, I am the flower.
--Fía

No comments:

Post a Comment