Friday, June 22, 2012

There is a boy

There was a boy...
There was a boy, a very strange enchanted boy
They say he'd wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea.
A little shy, and sad of eye; but very wise was he.

And then one day...one magic day he passed my way
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return



Nat King Cole's words woke me up this morning.  In my head, playing again and again.  
(I must admit that it was more like the first line-- over and over)


There is a boy..yes, very enchanted...don't know if i would describe him as strange.  Maybe, because his soul's beauty is beyond belief.  
Very wise he is.
We speak of fools and kings...and soccer. 
He teaches me great things, every day, all the time. 
His presence, his life is a lesson.
A lesson of truth.
A lesson of justice.
A lesson of courage.
A lesson of kindness.
A lesson of love. 


There is a boy, a very strange enchanted boy
that came to this world on a day like today, and has forever changed my life. 
From the moment i saw his tiny body, 
from the moment we met and i could hold him, smell him
and evermore love him. 


There is a boy, a very strange enchanted boy.
He came to participate and transform our world,
for his strength and wisdom gives color to all the things he touches.


There is a boy, a very strange enchanted boy.
He gives me happiness,
he lights us all,
just remember that,
for this boy will leave a mark.


This is for you, my beautiful strange enchanted boy.
I celebrate your life.


--Fía.
NATURE BOY:
(two versions!)











No comments:

Post a Comment