Monday, June 11, 2012

Sweet Otis

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again,



I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time...



**hit play if you like: 




Actually no.
I'm sittin' in the kitchen table,
it's a whitish grayish kinda day,
Watching Roland Garros final match,
enjoying my time...


--- a day has passed--- 
My blog entry was interrupted, just as the Parisien match was delayed and then cancelled due to rain.  
So that was yesterday and it was an Otis Redding kinda day, just take the bay, the dock, the heat out of the equation.  But it was an Otis kinda day in spirit and vibration.  
Sunday.
Domingo.
That might not mean much to my New York friends or NYC readers (do i even have any?), but just to get my point across i'll explain that Sunday/Domingo means RELAX and what my family like to call "sleepathon".  
Don't imagine a troop of people sleeping all day--for there isn't much literal sleeping actually-- but feel free to envision a group of 7 in the following panorama:


........easy breezy breakfast, reading the newspaper...
.............late easy breezy lunch (yesterday was mega easy breezy for we celebrated a certain special gentleman's 60th bday at a restaurant)
.................easy breezy afternoon-post-lunch walk in the park, including some frisbee action play.
..........................easy breezy late afternoon couch rest, involving knitting, tea, conversing, a little educational TV show on tribes in Mongolia and Africa, and maybe a few indulged in a 5-10 minute nap.
................................easy breezy light dinner at the kitchen table, conversation, laughing and some Jamaica & Bob Marley.  


Got it? 
That is a just a little snapshot of Sunday. Domingo.
It makes me think of the wonderful little scene in Downton Abbey (first season i must specify) where the wonderful Violet (Maggie Smith) asks the young doctor Matthew (Dan Stevens):
"weekends? what are week-ends?"


I had forgotten about week-ends myself. 


Weekends and family. 
Weekends and slowing down.  


Weekends and family.
Weekends and resting.


Weekends and family.
Weekends and connecting.


It's Monday today, the weekend is over and for many it might signify a burden, a new battle to face until the glorious friday afternoon.  It might mean routine too.
I raise the question: who makes it a mechanical monday-friday routine? 
I say: have a good week everyone, make it a good one!


**Love it as much as this creature loves his stick!!!**




--Fía.

No comments:

Post a Comment