Wednesday, June 13, 2012

OPERA!

"Gaining mastery over our destructive propensities, through the exercise of awareness and self-discipline with regard to our body, speech, and mind, frees us from the inner turmoil that naturally arises when our behaviour is at odds with our ideals. In place of this turmoil come confidence, integrity, and dignity - heroic qualities all human beings naturally aspire to." 
--Dalai Lama


And it rains, 
and it rains, 
and it rains some more. 


It seems as though the sky is pouring its heart out, releasing an incredibly large amount of energy.  Catharsis.  
I look at the sky composed of layers and layers of clouds: some thick, dark, grayish-black, heavy.  Then there are the faithful slightly lighter ones that cover the space above completely, creating a delicate separation between earth and sun.  And finally scattered these playful, almost mis-behaved little fluffs of white down below adding a touch of light and personality to this panorama.


The almighty sun speaks out loud as he breaks through occasionally-- "i am here" he says: "may you not forget me". 


Clouds dance through and through, suddenly rain bursts in....it's opera!
(i almost wrote jazz, but no...there is more of a theatrical edge to it all, big production, monumental scenery)


i've discovered i write a lot about the weather, i describe it a lot and express how it affects me.  It's not just words filling space--you know how we usually mention the weather to just fill in silence?-- for me its more of a reality check.  


Wow, look at this beautiful symphony! 
I'm part of this wonderful master on-going plan.  I'm one of the million, billion, trillion, zillion creatures that react to what is happening beyond myself. 


I like to feel part of something.
I like to know that there is more beyond me. 
It helps me to realize that it can be so easy to get drowned in little dark holes, that once viewed with perspective they can be weighed accordingly and overcome-- or at least a door towards better lands can be perceived and ultimately opened. 
***Hence today's Dalai Lama's quote.*** 


I look outside my window and I look up...not down.
It all makes so much sense.
I find inspiration, strength, faith and love above....not so much down, where we are. 
My point is not to criticize, it is not filled with negativity. Quite the contrary, let us look up and around and let it all permeate to what we are doing. 
I love it down here for there is so much to do. 


Let me end with a beautiful woman with a magnanimous talent. 
Please 
Please hit play!



No comments:

Post a Comment