Saturday, June 30, 2012

For our children and our children's children

Mother nature has granted me (us) down here in the Southern Hemisphere, with gray, cold and rainy days.
Winter.
I have to admit that i've found myself thinking and even saying out loud: "what a hideous day!"
Yes, i have to be honest...I would take summer over winter ANY time, ALL the time.  Bright days, blue skies, sunshine, radiant colors, bare feet...bliss!
But then I stop and consider: I am part of this winter.  The winter is also me.  Why resist it? It is a specific time of year, with all its characteristics, with all of its beauty. 


Yesterday afternoon I watched the animated film FernGully. A story about nature.  A story about mindfulness.  A sensitive magical story about our impact in the planet, our relationship with all creatures. We are part of this world.  We are the rain forests, we are the oceans, we are air, we are earth and fire. How do we participate? What role are we playing? 
Let's ask these questions.  
Let's take this seriously.
Live in ignorance? 
Live with no conscience? 
No responsibility?


I am no "hippie".  I'm not being too grave or grim. This is no "fanatic talk" or "extremist lecture". 
Let's open our hearts, open our eyes, bleed with what and who is hurting and mend the wounds. 

*** Thank you Nata Potter for this beautiful image!!!***

***Wanna check out FernGully? This is the trailer to the 1992 animated film.  
Avatar clearly got inspired!

*** Please please please take a look, click on www.susan-lambert.com, and meet my amazing talented friend's website***

No comments:

Post a Comment