Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mantra: Give and Receive

This was written last week, but due to external events--such as bell ringing indicating the school day was over, visits to lovely niece Emilia, weekend, etc-- these words never experienced the act of publishing until now. However, they are still me, alive in me...and it goes:

I have a slight intuition that today will be kind of scattered.  The day has been unfolding quite well--with ease and energy.  Yesterday we were granted with dark clouds, misty air and cool breeze.  Today, the breeze is still cool, the dark clouds have been blown away leaving a light layer of white skies, the mist is gone replace with a shining sun that pops in teasingly.  Colors are back.
I like to think that colors, temperature and in the end light have a deep impact on my state of being.  I feel light, i feel colorful and I feel upright--like a curious meerkat!

I say scattered because due to this energy flowing inside and around me I can sense my mind working quicker, making connections here and there.  I feel active, almost as though i'm trying to keep up with myself!

So today i don't know how much sense I'm making, i don't know where this will end..but i kind of like that feeling.  I just know something is happening, and I like to feel alive. A participant of something, an active heart in the grand cosmic web.

I've also been interacting with young adolescents, full of energy, and laughter static.  It's a bit contagious.  I'm being a chemistry teacher today-- making "my students" work on complicated worksheet filled with formulas and problems to solve. Nonetheless i establish dialogue with them, i relate to them, i connect (even if it's through observation, gestures or simple eye contact).  And again, I feel a part...of something...of everything.

Being a teacher, having time to read, research, connect, brainstorm, reflect, think and FEEL has been kind of a gift because although i love doing all of those things i sometimes play tricks on myself and get too involved in the "doing".  Not that all of the above were/are not "doing".  It's something i'm working on and I don't have to be impatient or unkind to myself.
In fact, I need all that implies tranquility, ease, well-being, and feeling good.  Spinning the wheel on the other direction.

So, i want to share a few things.  To those that are reading me, or even as a way to express my gratitude, admiration and contentment on what shares my view of life.  I send these vibrations, I send this good energy out to the world, from deep inside.  I just feel I want to and need to.

There is a project, a little organic business happening in my beautiful bountiful country Chile: Granja Orgánica.  They praise the land, the earth and life.  They comprehend the act of giving, the act of worship, and the beauty of receiving.  They are just one more manifestation of love, that according to me, is beyond agriculture and farming.  I support their work.  This to me speaks of a better world.  This to me illustrates the road towards transformation.  
www.facebook/granjaorganica
www.granjaorgánica.cl

I've been experiencing the wonders of Krishna Das' kirtans lately.  Kirtan, in my very humble respectful words, could be described as a call & response prayer in form of a chant.  They are usually in honor of an Indian deity.  The call begins, the response repeats and off it goes into a wave of energy that builds up in a climax and then slows down naturally.  There isn't much i can say that can portray what happens..it's an experience.  Krishna Das has an interesting story (being from the West) and I happen to enjoy his work, support his passion and intentions.  
www.krishnadas.com/about.cfm

Experience!


I work each day on opening my heart.  I work each day on building foundations.  I work each day to come closer to truthfulness, ease, compassion and contentment.  These are all foundations to/for life, things for which i should not feel pain, guilty or ashamed. 

***Fía.

No comments:

Post a Comment