Tuesday, October 16, 2012

CIRCUMSTANCE

I just wrote a whole sentence on the weather.  I usually begin with the weather, as a habit of placing myself in some kind of context.  Could it be my theatre training where the study of a play, scenes, characters circumstances are essential?
I think it just responds to the study of life.  For that is what i would probably narrow theatre analysis as: (in BROAD terms) the examination of human life, in all it's expressions/manifestations.  Whether it's abstract writing, absurd, classic, contemporary, symbolic, etc...it's all about human life-- a gathering of a group of individuals, the story of one, a social event...all at a given place and time; hence: circumstance. 

I don't know where this discussion is leading me, but i'm just letting the fingers type, the mind to flow and soul to speak.  

Whoops... blank.
....
.......  
It's also because i'm multi-tasking...trying to define a playlist from which to listen to as background, thinking about an important thing i must organize and get down in paper, then breathe and let my soul speak.  Don't really know how deep my soul is speaking at the moment.  
But let's see: playlist, check! what must be organized, let it go...later.  Now, write.

I don't like living like a checklist, but I have to admit that they do work well with me.  As I was told last week, I have a pretty good control, organizing, directing and focusing management.  Then there is this other side of me which cannot stand living under rules or constraints.
Funny, thinking of the moment i'm living right now...

(Big parenthesis here: left the house, ran an important errand, visited Em, lunch, a little organization here and there--a green/strawberry/lemongrass tea-- and i'm back)

Afternoon.  Sun rays feel different, inclination and location of the sun has changed, the day's temperature is now established, there is an overall feeling of "the wheel already has been spinning".  Not like the early morning when things are bright and crisp, curious! and a bit more spontaneous.

I spoke to one of my dearest friends on the phone this...noon?  Right at the turning point of morning and afternoon.  She filled me with joy, energy, wisdom and most of all focus.  Her eloquence always astounds me and inspires me.  I've mentioned it to a few people: she seems a bit out of this world.  Her timing is quite peculiar, her energy so interesting, her being so unique.  The more i think of it, the more i confirm her extra-ordinary unique beauty.
Peculiar how I started mentioning circumstance, for big part of the conversation danced around that very same topic.  Not a literary scientific analysis, but a dance.  Subjective, open to interpretation.  Where we are, how we are.  The moment of the past, the present moment and a focus of a future.  All about the place and time.  Isn't timing everything? Timing and place?
Being at the right moment at the right time.
Stars aligning?
The Universe speaking?
Open heart?
State of Consciousness?
Crisis?

All speak of the same, some way or another, epic moments of presence.
Epiphanies.
Slight glitches, star explosions of true awareness.
Stormy skies cracking open.
A flock of geese flying by.
Batting your butterfly eyelashes.
A whisk of freshly cut grass.
A shooting star.
The now.

An ode to circumstance.  A calling to assessment.
Circumstance.
Circumstance.
Circumstance.

* my acting teacher would be proud.




No comments:

Post a Comment