Sunday, October 14, 2012

SHAKE THE DUST

The ways of the Universe. 
The Universe speaks...who listens? 

My personal life has been undergoing deep transformation.  Not all of it coming to the surface...yet.  I find myself in the land of quiet. Quiet not meaning deaf or soundless.  There is always sound, waves of energy, frequencies that come and go, give and take.  
A big theme of my current state of being has been: false identifications of the Self.  It's not the first time i come across this idea or precept; however, i do feel it's the first time i'm comprehending the depth of what it suggests--putting some heart into it.  
Before being wise words on a page, or profound words of a teacher..now true life experience.  It all makes sense, it all comes together when yoga stipulates: practice, practice, practice; or when the wise Manfred Max-Neef discusses the difference between "understanding" and "comprehending". (entender y comprehender). 
*Manfred Max-Neef right now is very present in my life right now.  If you don't know who he is, take the time to find out!*

False identification of the Self.  
Who are we? 
I guess it's somewhat of an existential quest that connects us all--somehow, somewhere, sometime. 
We analyze and over-analyze, classify and over-clasify, qualify our answer.  Breaking it down, the beautiful indescribable extra-ordinary substance/soul we possess becomes reduced to some definition and an element of trade. 
"I'm worth this much, what do you offer?"
"I'm not worth this or that"
"My love is worth...(fill in the blank)"

I just came across a saying in the newspaper: "Compro, luego existo" (my translation: i buy, hence i exist")
It's sad...and it's true.  What you buy, where you buy, when you buy, how much you buy--defines us? 
It's how deep the current economic system has invaded us.  Us all. 

False identification of the Self. 
Is my personal theme at the moment.  What have I been identifying with? How have I been defining myself and considering myself?  I take it a step forward/further/deeper..or towards a different direction: isn't this race towards definition and the fixation of having to place myself in a certain box, respond to certain standards, limiting my full expression of Self? 
It's like deconstructing a beautiful symphony into sections, parts, beats...and the soul, the music is gone.
I want to challenge the fixated pursuit of analysis and standardization, and excite my taste buds with emotion, presence and the unknown.  
A different thermometer.  

SHAKE THE DUST!


No comments:

Post a Comment