Saturday, February 9, 2013

SMOKE ME TONIGHT


I’m up beyond the clouds, yet my feet can feel the heat of the earth holding me. 
My heels are breathing, like two lungs, alive.
Dirt, grasssss.
Sensitive, perceiving how much my blood hungers another.
Another? Anyone? Someone?
You.
Afraid to face it, terrified to dive in.

There are games to play, games that lend to tricks and make us half-players.
I don’t want to be a half-player.
I’d rather get lighted and burned.
I see a figure sucking in some kind of smoke.
Gray, white.
Complete contrast to the black of night.
Light me,
Suck me in,
I’ll turn into smoke.
I’ll travel through you, become a part of you.

I’m light-headed.
I’m losing the reins allowing the beat of this galloping heart hit my thighs,
dance with my body.

I’m light-headed.
Surrendering to this whirlwind of energy waves.
Underwater, twirling with the sea foam.

I’m light-headed.
High and addicted to the memory of the smell of your skin.

I’m light-headed.
Becoming smoke.
Traveling through your deepest corners,
ending in the tip of your lips.

Smoke me tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment