Friday, February 15, 2013

Cloud Gazing.

Moments of clarity,
moments of simplicity,
a tiny split moment in time when it all settles--or maybe moves-- to a place of understanding. 

I'm enjoying a instant of warm breeze, watching the white clouds slowly travel South.  This large group of white curly puffs that seem to work together and head somewhere.  
And i think...
(i like to think, contemplate and review quite a lot)
i think of things: situations, people, myself, the environment. 
My thoughts travel like the big chunk of clouds.

And so i come to a moment of ease.  I call it ease for there is no struggle of any kind, there is no battle, there is no giving up either.  There just is...
a pinch of surrender, maybe.  But i like to think of it as a letting go and being. 

Lose the complication.  
Lose the mental masturbation of problem solving and deciphering. 

I just happen to read an entry from my friends yoga teacher, and it speaks exactly of this: detached- attachment and effortless-effort. http://us5.campaign-archive.com/?u=ef05bedd74581a4140afa19ee&id=3b24ebe01d 

How does that go? 
Practice and Play. 

Be alive, present, aware...but with a certain detachment and at ease. 
This yoga teacher so appropriately quotes the Thomas Merton (monk and student of Zen):
"issues of life are not so much problems to be solved, but mysteries to be entered."

I find that beautiful.  
It implies courage, it implies faith, it demands strength.
Not fear. 

Another new revelation, piece of information, (new to me, at least) was that the German word for "holy" (selig) is the English root for the word "silly".  So there is some lightness and playfulness to it all...

So, going back to my breezy afternoon- cloud gazing moment, i found myself with a bit of simplicity and epiphany.  I'm here, now, today.  I'm in a journey..for sure..we all are.  This journey has ups, has downs, has rocks to climb, rivers to swim, lakes to soak on and sun-bathing moments.  But it's all alive, its all an opportunity to find new discoveries and earn little stars of heartfulness joy. 
My journey is a bit bumpy at the moment, but it's quite beautiful too.  
I haven't felt more in my skin as now.  
There things i want, and i want them so so bad.
I want to be a part of...i want to play. 

I can smell my courage, my faith and i kiss my strength.
Not afraid. 

Fía.



No comments:

Post a Comment