Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jesus Christ Superstar

This week is a biggy for the Catholic Church.
Iglesia Católica tiembla..!

All is happening in Vatican City.
Vaticano,
Vaticano.

I somehow think of it as cold, windy, chilly halls.
Medieval colors, medieval times.
Large doors being shut,
Priests and cardinals sliding quickly through the hallways.
Silent corners and yet rooms where you can hear shouts and echoes.
A feeling of danger.

Candles,
long, large, heavy wardrobes.

But then i think again and actually reconsider:
probably there's a powerful heating system,
large, comfortable rooms.
Some shouting, yes, but some laughing as well.
Lots of gold, nothing dirty.
Maybe a TV here and there.
Or iPhones!
to top it all off: there's a popemobile! 
papamóvil!

McVatican.
Jesus Christ Superstar.

Vatican troubles... think on how it all affects me.  The pope has just retired, stepped-down from his godly mission in life.  "So what?"
I can't be that trivial.  I can't be that removed.
Well, really, i can.
I just choose not to be.
I have a sensitive structure.  Truly.
(do not confuse sensitive with being emotionally unstable or just a plain emotional wreck).
My character is sensitive: senses are a big thing for me.  I perceive and create experiences easily.
So, it's in my nature to have events become a part of me..or reach me.

Vaticano,
Vaticano,
Vaticano.

I first questioned: mmm, so what happened with the Divine calling where this "holy" man is the voice of God in Earth? Can this voice just disappear? Can it be as simple as saying: i quit?
Does he just stop listening to the voice? or is this voice now silent to him?
Hmmm...

Then i thought: How is all this related to faith? True blue faith? I call upon the origin of it all, the origin of an individual (group of individuals) experiencing the overwhelming feeling of Divinity.  Supernatural.

I have my own view on this-- which involves the great knowledge of the Universe, the law of the Universe, including mysteries and exploring the unknown.  The Greatness of it all. That's my Divinity.

Now i look into what the Catholic Church has become.  I respect. I respect those who believe in God, Jesus Christ, Heaven, Hell, etc.  Everyone has a right to believe in what they want.  But you'd have to be blind, or play blind, to deny that out-dated dogmas, rules that don't speak of freedom, money behind the churches doors,  and the violent outburst of terrible accusations-which have been proved to be true-- has wrecked and spoiled the "house of God".

I fool around and call it McV, say it's become a shopping mall, a gift shop where there are little souvenir figurines of Jesus...Jesus Christ a Super star.  A super hero. 

I admire Jesus. He was an enlightened being, a true leader, a believer of faith.  He moved masses, conquered and mastered energy.  He lived his life with a focused intention of removing the veil of ignorant, trivial, unconscious life.  A yogi, why not? Not about dogmas, classifications, names, institutions.  A human. 
What has it all become? 

He'd be loathing his image today, he'd deny golden rings and luxurious mansions. 

So, how does all of this affect me? At least it makes me question.  It makes me evaluate and understand...myself a bit more. 
I'm reading a book on Leo Tolstoy, and something just felt like my soul speak.
i speak through his words:

"The hero of my tale--whom I love with all the power of my soul, whom I have tried to portray in all his beauty, who has been, is, and will be beautiful--is Truth."

"Devoting my life to found(ing) a new religion that fits human evolution.  A religion which does not promise future beatitude but gives beatitude on earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment