Sunday, June 2, 2013

SAMSARA

Samsāra.
The cycles of life.
The everlasting flow.
The births and rebirths.
The continuous wheel of existence.
"He flows into himself".

Whether you believe in reincarnation, that this is just one more passing cycle, one more realm in which we were born and from which we will die. Whether it is your belief, or not, there is one reality we can not escape from: death. All of us, one way or another, sooner or later, will no longer participate actively in this present world.

For one, this premise does not scare me. It used to. An automatic current of thought submerged my whole body and created this huge terrifying wave making me feel and think: "death is absolutely horrifying, scary, my enemy." There was also the idea that with death I was "cut short". Death meant losing something...a whole lot. I sometimes recreated the moment of death (it mostly, happened while I was on a plane, past 4 hours off the ground), and my monologue began: I didn't do this! I won't be able to do that!"...
So what am I doing at this moment? I have that. I found a great relief, an indescribable joy, freedom and responsibility placing the focus on the other end. Not running away or ignoring the presence of death, but welcoming it. Yes, remove the veil of avidyā (ignorance) and really observe, perceive, the presence of death in everything.
I once read this beautiful description and illustration of life and death: we are butterflies. We are born, have the divine possibility to transform and fly. We can only do so because there is life and death. As butterflies we have one wing that is life, and one that is death. We can only fly with the presence of both. Each just as important, each symmetrically a part of us.

Our life is not egotistically more valuable than anyone/anything else.
Yet it is extremely important, magnificent and divine.
We have star divinity, rich powerful magma inside.

Where do you fly with the wings of life and death?

I cherish life and have become more and more in love with its beauty.
I'm in love with you.
I'm faithful, I'm passionate, I'm caring, I'm loving.
(Immature love says: I love you because I need you.
 Mature love says: I need you because I love you.)

Samsāra.
The wheel of life.
Fly...

* if you haven't, WATCH this!





You've got me head over heels!

No comments:

Post a Comment