Wednesday, July 4, 2012

BEAUTY, PEACE

BEAUTY



PEACE
"If we want there to be peace in the world, we have to be brave enough to soften what is rigid in our hearts, to find the soft spot and stay with it. We have to have that kind of courage and take that kind of responsibility.  That's the true practice of peace."
Pema Chödrön- Practicing Peace in Times of War. 


**Global Retreat: Practicing Peace.  This Saturday!  Join me!  
Check it out: 
http://pemachodronfoundation.org/events-schedule/practicing-peace-birthday-retreat/

Today I want to dedicate a little bit of my time and cyber space to these two concepts, ideas and feelings.  
Yes, because I believe we have all thought about/with beauty and peace...and have all felt (with) beauty and peace.  And isn't it simply delicious? Delicious and, not less important, something miraculous happens as well: once you enter the living cycle of beauty and peace you generate more of it and feel immersed in the true desire to share it and create more of it too.
At least it's never happened to me (or i've never met anyone who has confessed me so) that I say: 
"oh, this is rubbish, i want this--whatever expression sensation of beauty & peace-- to stop!" 


I don't think it's fortuitous that I came across the words of Dr. Joe Dispenza (once again) where he stipulates...i'm paraphrasing here...
The body responds to a thought by having a feeling, therefore creating a response in the brain. The brain then undergoes a bodily reaction generating chemical messengers. So in other words, you begin to think the way you are feeling. Thinking creates feeling and then feeling creates thinking, all in a continuos cycle. 
Super cool, eh? 


It could be serendipitous, but it's actually something i've been discussing with my psychiatrist lately, and personally for me it's probably where science meets divinity. 
We are not machines where there is an estimated, calculated, programmed input and output. 
We are not formulas, equations or come with specified set of instructions, a manual. 


We are all unique, we are all powerful, we are all beautiful, full of potential, hold great divinity and responsibility. 


That's Beauty and Peace to you us all today. 


--Fía.

2 comments:

  1. It's kind of like my Big Fake Smiles (though I'll be the first to admit it's easy to misunderstand me): it's not about faking it. It's that smiling opens the blood vessels in the face, cooling the brain and releasing endorphins - which is an instant mood elevator. Smiling makes you happy! The thinking becomes the feeling becomes the way of thinking.

    Beauty and peace and love to you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xtin!
    I love you so much! Thank you for your comment, thank you for your kind wishes.
    I hope hot NYC is treating you well. And, if i'm not mistaken, you'll be traveling soon?
    If you can, update me with your busy life. Have you gone to Carnegie Hall lately?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete