Sunday, March 17, 2013

Shmiling

Sometimes i wonder whether i'm somewhat odd...or maybe a little crazy or just plain silly.
What makes me think so?
Well, i feel things, i think upon things that are extra-ordinary; hence, sometimes (i can't be so unfair with myself to say always) i think back and can't help sighing or shaking my head as a gesture of : "oh, that was kind of stupid".

It's when you're struggling with sleep: you move your legs around, your feet are constantly dancing with the sheets, you close your eyes, you open your eyes, you look at the time...the night is endless AND any sort of problem, any kind of trouble, just seems like the end of the world--making you feel anxious, nervous, worried, desperate.
Don't fight it. Embrace it. You're not sleeping.
I don't fight it. I embrace it. I'm not stupid or silly or crazy.

I've written before about my sensitivity, so i won't get into that.  But it is a major point in my life, and just like my gorgeous friend said to me (all the way from Dresden) i shall embrace it.  I embrace the important role my senses play in my life, i embrace my old-lady.  Because i am one, in a way. It gives me great pleasure to sit with someone, share a moment of good conversation, maybe in the company of some wine, feeling each other, sharing with each other. Yum.
Or walking. Just walking...and talking, or maybe not even.

Today i had a few starry moments of bliss. Little milestones in the day that made my heart sparkle and now, as i lay in bed typing, make corner of my lips curl up and smile.

Moment 1: gardening. Barefoot, scissors in hand, a bag and a little basket. Watering my plants, running my fingers through every one of them: cleaning leaves, cutting old branches, singing to them, and collecting little fruits (such as tomatoes, strawberries and wheatgrass).
Moment 2: Emilia. My little sweet, precious niece.  Alone in the living room, playing with her feet and caressing her tiny toes. Kisses included. Feeding her and sharing a moment of pure, focused staring at each others eyes.
Moment 3: Walking home in the afternoon.  Sun is shining, but giving off more light than blazing heat. Slight breeze on trees. Sidewalks somewhat empty. Breathing the air and feeling the skin of my arms, being aware of my whole body. Breathing and walking, at times, with my eyes closed. Giving in.
Moment 4: Kitchen. Cooking a tomato-basil brown rice. Cutting fresh vegetables. Music. Singing and slightly dancing. Hands smell of fresh basil, i repeat a song again and again and again (3 times). It's sensual and inviting.

Those were my moments today. And i thank my senses for taking them in. I feel alive.  Something urged me to write these words before entering the world of dreams...
This turned out to be a bit of a personal blog.  Fia's World.
Love & Light!

** does it intrigue you what song i listened and sang to this afternoon? HIT PLAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment