Saturday, March 30, 2013

Salty Fingertips

I am literally peeling pistachios at the moment.  My fingertips are slightly white (from the residue of the shells and salt).  I have before me a jar of the most beautiful greenish-purplish nuts.  These will later become part of home-made granola for a sweet dear friend of mine.

As i decided to peel, i thought i'd look at listen to some music, but then remembered "hey! there was this TED video i've been wanting to see...".
So i hit play.

It made me cry.
It made me shake.
It made me smile.
It made me sigh.

It interrupted my peeling activity, indeed.  Made me lick my fingers, making me twitch and quiver from the salt..but all that doesn't matter.
I just had to write.

Write about the wonderfulness (does that word even exist?) of what we are, of who we are.  The wonderfulness of who i am. Just like you. And the person next to you, or the person walking past you, or the last person you say or even thought about!
I am wonderful.  Where i am is wonderful and beautiful and sublime and powerful.
There is, what i like to call, an "instinctive" "innate" "inherent" feeling of connection we all have.  Some are in the sleep-mode, others have an unreliable network, others are privileged to have a high-speed-ongoing connection. But i doubt someone to be lacking the power to connect or that is just completely offline.
What i'm trying to say is that we all, in some sort of internal fiber, know/feel a part of something..something bigger.  And there is no doubt in my mind that we all want good, as opposed to bad. It's just a matter of focus.
Let us all unite in the calling of peace.
Let us all join the song of love.
Let us all surrender to beauty,
Let us all be seduced by irresistible love.

What do you choose?


No comments:

Post a Comment