Friday, November 2, 2012

Special.

I want to dedicate the day to art.  The art of life, the art of creation, the art of mystery and the art of science.  For me, there is nothing closer to perfection (though i highly recommend staying away from the thought of perfection)....so let me rephrase: For me, the best example of intelligence, order and harmony is nature.  
As i experience the daily battle between light and dark at the crack of dawn, i sign with admiration.
As i perceive the colors pop as rays of sun bathe the city slowly, reaching my balcony and furthermore reaching me, i sign with admiration.
Whenever i take the time to stop, hear the birds around me, look at the trees, flowers, bees--and then my breath, acknowledge my heart beat and the liters of blood circulating through my system, i sigh with admiration. 
Admiration, respect, bewilderment, and a little nervousness. 
Why do i feel nervous? Because all of a sudden I feel a part of something larger.  Something that is beyond the mundane "stuff".  Stuff that sometimes fills with dirt what is already so clear to begin with. The quotidian issues that we enlarge and then make-believe are essential (or worst) catastrophic. 
I feel nervous because i'm all of a sudden submerged in the dimension of miraculous, divine, magical and superb. 
And it's not just me.  There is nothing special with me, particularly.  I am special, just like every living form of this planet--and the planet itself-- is absolutely unquestionably special. 
It's also a little frightening, yet exciting, how there is so little "me" in this big picture. The world is not at MY hands, nor there is anything I can do to mess this world up.  For I am special to begin with, and me being here is already a plus. There isn't much i can control...just like i can't decide for my internal system to shut down whenever I want. Nor can i ask the sun to please come up an hour earlier today or for the moon to be full for a whole week. 
It's liberating and frightening. 
It's also, personally, very challenging: for my habitual patterns are not necessarily speaking to me--about me-- in terms of special.  
But i am beginning to believe it; and furthermore, i AM beginning a journey towards self-respect, care, protection and love. With myself, for myself. 

So how special are we? 
An example:
My sister and her husband just brought to this world an amazing, profoundly admirable, a gem of a creature into this world. They did it.  They actually did it. 
You know, it started with an act of love, later a heartbeat, then a little fish of a creature, and a vertebrae, eyes, organs, extremities. My sisters body shifting, expansion..then expulsion! and this new being, a new star is with us.  She breathes, she beats, she feels and dreams.  But they actually did it. It happened. It happens every second, every minute somewhere. 
What about the batting of our eyelashes? It requires no thought, effort, just the intelligent response to moisturize our black-brown-greens-blues- whenever necessary.
That's art.  We are artists. 

So today i feel touched by this perception of me, us, all. 
It's no coincidence I feel this way after watching incredible videos by incredible beings.  Some still walk upon this earth, some have left (or returned). 
Embrace the magic, embrace the science, embrace our art.


              **Anis Mojgani (poet) - 

                      ** This is just one little glimpse of master Schumacher.  I encourage further
                            watching/listening/reading**

No comments:

Post a Comment