Thursday, April 6, 2017

Yellow Rivers

I found myself looking for silence.
Looking for silence,
running away from noises that swallow up the sound of life.
Of the earth.

The ground has an echo.
The sky, a whistle.
The trees, a whisper.
Rivers and far away oceans, a song.
The sun, a pulse.

We've grown deaf.

I found myself yearning to lie on the ground,
feel the ground.
Feel my body on the ground.
To just listen.
To belong.

7:22pm.
My body freshly bathed.
I lay there, on the ground.
I let go...
Muscles, let go.
Bones, let go.
Mind, let go.

I was transported to when my body was with yours....last.
To a timeless zone,
undefined space,
indescribable dimension where there is nothing,
but everything.
No one but you,
and me,
and the vast sky.

I saw myself,
I witnessed myself,
still being myself.
As deranged as that might be.

I was me,
not me,
still me.

And I saw yellow.

Yellow rivers in me,
in you,
in us,
all around us.

No beginning,
no end,
all expanding.

Yellow currents traveling through me,
through you,
from me to you,
you to me,
Our arms,
legs,
feet,
chests,
backs,
mouths.
And suddenly it soaked through to our surrounding.

Yellow.
Bright yellow.
Sunlight yellow.
Sunflower yellow.
Gold yellow.

Holy silence,
lovely sound...

Blessed darkness,
sacred light...


No comments:

Post a Comment