Saturday, January 14, 2017

Awake

I open my eyelids and slowly submerge to daylight.  
It's early in the morning, probably a little earlier than most people would consider as morning
It's more like dawn. 
It's Saturday. 

The sky belongs to white, gray, timid blue. 
I know this hour.
It's the hour of the birds. 
It's the hour of quietness. 
It's the hour of whispering winds and secretive clouds. 

I lay still, open-armed, have not moved, just blinked.
A playful tear is born at the crease of my eye, running quickly down the side of my face, tickling my ear. 
A piece of my heart.
I sigh.
I'm still lying, motionless.

Careless thoughts float over me. 
Just like the sky, i'm open and vast, allowing these clouds roll by. 
Just roll.

I feel oceans, rivers, and lakes inside me. 
Oceans of feelings, passions, and dreams.
Rivers of blood,
Lakes of memories. 
Interconnected they are, and my soul bathes in each and every one of them. 

My eyelashes become wings of a butterfly.
I open and close my eyelids, giving birth to the possibility of rising and flying. 
I will rise.
With Light. 
With Sun. 

I'm surrounded by this feeling of belonging. 
Daybreak. Sunrise.
Initiation. Inception. Genesis.
It's the hour of Love.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment