Sunday, August 27, 2017

Nobody knows...

Blood became a heartbeat,
A heartbeat became a life.
The life designed by who knows who,
or,
who knows what.

A life of smiles, tears,
laughter and cries.
A life of yearns,
a life of sorrows and love.

The road is undefined.
There is no road, really.
It does not take us forward or backwards or sideways:
It's just blood, heartbeat, breath, life.

The flower in me is dancing to the sun:
I close my eyes to the rays that bathe my face,
I smile as I twirl and feel the tender heat on the back of my neck.
I bow.

The wolf in me is quiet and alone:
My gaze is transfixed with the movement of a tree laughing at the breeze.
I question, I wonder, I think, I do not move.

The bird in me is dreaming with the sky:
My wings are strong, my feathers susceptible to the wind.
I dream of different shores, of finding one that's mine...only mine.

The lion in me throbs and thumps with my (yes, my) fire:
I will not settle, I think.
The truth is...I can't.

Blood became my heartbeat,
That heartbeat became my life.

Nobody knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment