Wednesday, December 31, 2014

What will it make you?

Haven't written much, and it hurts a little.
I go through intense moments when all i want to do is stop--stop the world and just sit down and write.
Whether it is an idea, an image, a sound, a feeling, a desire, or maybe tell a little story.

Life has been touching me deeply.
Deeply, and in new places.

I love to feel alive.
I love to feel.  It's scary, and I scare myself as well.  Moments of true courage, of no refrain, of losing control.  Allowing yourself to burn, hurt, laugh, shout, dance, scream, squeeze, soothe, caress.
We have been brought up to be so proper.
"Proper will bring goodness."
"Be proper, be good."

 Proper will lead you to success. Proper is what you must, will and have to be.

I say: dare a little.
Give a little.
Be deaf a little and yet hear with your fingertips.
Listen with your lips.

Dare.
Dare, knowing the dare.
Take charge, which is not the same as saying: "be in charge".

If you gave in for a second. If you act, respond, react to this unspoken law. What will it make you?

No comments:

Post a Comment